Sunday, June 19, 2011

Snips and Snails...that's what lil boys are made of



One of my closest friends had an adorable baby boy at the beginning of the month and I got to meet him last Monday. I made this cute card to accompany his gift (A sock monkey and two tigger sleepers).

This was another idea I found in last months Scrapbook Etc. magazine. I just loved the snail and had to try it. You simply cut out all the body parts and add googly eyes! For the shell you cut a large circle and then cut again to make a spiral, distress the edges and then adhere back together so that it is like a little bowl. Use a 3D dot to adhere to the card and you got an adorable snail embellishment! I'm pretty sure I'll be using this guy in a layout sometime in the future, he's too cute to pass up!



I used these CTMH products:
- Miracle and Emporium Paperpacks
- Sweetleaf, Bamboo and Heavenly Blue Ink
- Babylove Stampset
- Chocolate Waxy flax