Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Night Table Refinished



I found this night table at a yard sale for $3 and I thought 'that would be perfect to replace the TV tray in our guest bedroom!'. Haha, I'm totally serious...TV trays make great night tables if you have nothing else available and no extra cash to go out and buy one.

Anyways of course I had the plan all along to repaint and switch out the handles, but as I perused other blogs to see what everyone else does I found that plastic veneer is not the best thing to work with. None the less I was still determined to make my $3 buy a good one. I first sprayed it with a plastic specific spray paint, twice, and it still didn't look anywhere near decent so then I just decided to use some good ol' latex paint that I had in the garage (leftover from the trim in our house I think..). We had a couple handles left over from our kitchen cabinets (how did that happen?) so they worked perfect to bring a more modern look to the table.

Tadaa, a new-looking night table for the guest bedroom!!!



Night Table - $3
Spray Paint - $16 (had to buy 2 cans, I should have done just one coat and saved myself $8)
Latex Paint - free
New Handles - free

Total cost = $19



The guest bedroom reveal should be coming soon!

Linked to:
I Heart Naptimes Sunday Scoop
Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrapup