Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I Spy Ornament


I was lucky enough to get into Michaels the other day and get some clear plastic ornaments. I saw this idea on pinterest and I really wanted to make some as gifts. My inspiration came from A Diamond in the Stuff blog, although I wasn't able to find cute little figurines that fit into the top hole like she did :(. Oh well, I'm still happy with how they came out!


I used what was called vase filler (bead like pelts) from the dollar store as the 'snow' and I was able to find a little Christmas assortment pack with confetti and felt shapes to use as the hidden objects ( I also added a few other things). 

I didn't just want to write a list of items I wanted it to have a bit of a rhyme. 
This is what I came up with:

 
Set in a box and ready to give!

 

Hope all your Christmas crafts are coming together! I'm still finishing up on a couple myself!....and Thanks Courtney for the fab idea!



4 comments:

  1. GREAT idea!! I'll have to remember this for next year...the gals at the school where I work would love these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! I saw them on Pinterest, and I'm shopping after Christmas sales right now to see if I can find the materials. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! No offense to the original maker, but I like your better! The beads are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this idea!!! We have a church function every year, called Festival of Tables, and again this year we have opened it up to our neighbors around the church. This would be fun for that table.....and for the ladies that come from the neighborhood. Thanks for the great idea! Laura

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If this is your first time here, say hello. I truly appreciate any comments given and read every single one. A new comment seriously makes my day. Thank you so much!
~ Justine