Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sewing Machine Cover

I have been wanting to make a sewing machine cover for quite sometime and when our move was postponed by a couple of weeks (at the beginning of February) I had time to make one!
I started with the easy tutorial offered at Notes from the Patch
I changed it up slightly. 
I omitted the pocket and I cut my outer and lining pieces the same size and used double fold bias tape around the bottom.


If you check out the original tutorial:  Instead of folding over the extra long lining piece over to finish the bottom, I lined up both edges and then stitched brown double fold bias tape around it. Not a huge change but a change none the less.



Tada. I love it! Just wait til you see it in my new craft room.



Happy Tuesday!






Linked to: Sugar and Dots

2 comments:

  1. Hello my girl! Nice cover, I could use a new one too, you may have inspired me as I am in the process of painting my sewing room anyway, might as well change up the boring beige cover I have now! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justine,
    What a pretty sewing machine cover. I have procrastinated making one for my serger, but as usual motivated by yours.
    Hope you had a wonderful Easter.
    I have put my blog on BlogLovin and NetworkedBlogs since Google Reader will be stopping. Sure hope you will join one of them.
    Trying to pin you sewing machine cover but having trouble...any ideas why?
    Have a lovely week,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If this is your first time here, say hello. I truly appreciate any comments given and read every single one. A new comment seriously makes my day. Thank you so much!
~ Justine