Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Carving Layout


Another layout from last fall, our annual pumpkin carving night.

Hubby and I have been carving one pumpkin each since our second year of marriage, we carve them so that the other can't see and then we do a big reveal at the end. It's a thing that I made him do to get into the fun of halloween (he actually really enjoys it now). Last year we were able to include Sadie a little bit. It was a lot of fun watching her reactions, this year should be even better!




The details:
This layout is from Becky Higgins 'Sketches' book. The paper used is Boo to you by My Mind's Eye, as well as the little character cut outs. I embossed the title, did some stitching with green embroidery floss, and distressed the edges of the paper. The cream colored lace is from the dollar store and the black felt flowers are cut out from a roll that is made to look like lace (sorry don't know the brand). There is also a tiny bit of bling with some orange rhinestones.

This weekend I'm heading to our local scrapbook retreat (remember last year?). I am super pumped and I am just in the process of getting everything organized....so excited to get caught up... hopefully Thia won't be too distracting.