Thursday, October 6, 2011

$1 Vintage Embroidery


Now this embroidery piece I can not take credit for, can you believe I found it at a garage sale for $1! Who would do all this work (it's 11"x13") just to get rid of it for so little.....their loss is my gain, yay for sweet finds! Of course it did not look like the above picture when I bought it, it was displayed like this:


An awful faded yellow plastic matte (which was cut rectanglular when the pattern was oval??) in an old beat up frame. Fortunately I was looking past the frame and at the cute baby with fairies, perfect for T's nursery!


I tried my best at cutting out the oval shape for the matte on white poster board (what can I say I'm cheap!) and it did the trick. I then painted the frame with a coat of white and then green. I then took sand paper to it to add a distressed look.




Much better, right?