Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Wreath...Two ways


It all started with this wicker wreath I got at a thrift store in a bag of stuff for $4.... I decided it would be transformed into a cute halloween wreath......instead I transformed it into this mess:


It literally hung there for less than a minute (enough time to grab a pic), it then went back to the craft room for some rethought (is that even a word??). After awhile I came up with this:


A step up in my opinion but I'm still not thrilled with it. I had wanted to spray paint it black but alas there was no black paint in the garage. So this is how it will hang at least for this year.


It was a lot of fun making the felt flowers and I thought I needed to add in some sort of halloween character, hence the bat. My husband says the turquoise confuses him a little, not being a 'halloween' color, but I kinda like it... what do you think?


In other news, my little girl finally let me paint her toenails!!!! ...and one hand of fingernails! I have only painted them once this summer and she was asleep when I did it, so I was pretty pumped when she said 'yesh mommy' when I asked.


Now when I wanted to take a picture it was a different story, I got one good shot (after bribing her). The rest mostly looked like this: