Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Haunted House


If you were following my blog last year you may remember the Christmas Cottage I had made from one of two houses I had bought for $1 each at Liquidation World . Well as promised I said that I would make a Haunted House this year for Halloween from the house that was left.


With a simple coat of paint (and some distressing) you can really make it something new:


I made a 'beware' sign from broken Popsicle sticks which I painted and hot glued together.
I also made the little pumpkins out of felt (tutorial coming soon).



I wanted to make the door way a little bit more 'creepy' but the mesh that was already in place made things a challenge. I decided to try and paint something that resembled a spider web and a little spider over top of the mesh, and this is what I came up with...



I wanted to incorporate a bat somehow and decided to put him on the very top, coming out of the chimney/steeple?...I decided to hammer in a small nail which I then painted black and hot glued two felt pieces (cut out in a bat shape) together with the nail in between.




...and there you have it my cute but spooky Haunted House.


linking to:
Sugar and Dots
Someday Crafts
Tatertots and jello
let birds fly






Come Together Kids




5 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic transformation! I’d love for you to link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2011/09/wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! This is "spooktacular", Justine! Those little pumpkins are A*D*O*R*A*B*L*E, and I love the bat on the spire! (Kinda reminds me of a bat weather vane). Wish I had a Liquidation World store close by!

    Also, thanks for always leaving such kind comments on my blog - I really appreciate your imput! For some weird reason, your email address doesn't show up in your comments that come through my email inbox...it just says something like "comments @ noreply". Would you mind sending me your email address? Mine is scrappinbeckyb@cox.net

    Thanks! Have a GREAT day! :)

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to say "input", not "imput" - good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so unique and awesome..So creative..Im Marilyn and your newest follower..I would LOVE for you to share this at my Pin'Inspirational Thursday creative linky party pweease -- TY .. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/pininspirational-thursdays-linky-party.html ..Lovely blog :))

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If this is your first time here, say hello. I truly appreciate any comments given and read every single one. A new comment seriously makes my day. Thank you so much!
~ Justine