Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dreamin' Pillowcases


If you remember in my insta-pics I had went to my friends wedding at the beginning of the month. Since the couple live two provinces away they had requested only money or gift cards in lieu of household items. But the crafter in me wasn't satisfied with giving just a card with a La Senza gift card and Esso gas card inside (meaning to be a 'for her' and 'for him' gift but realized they are actually interchangeable, wink wink). 

Anyways..... I had saved this idea to my computer way back when. (before I was on Pinterest actually, so I have no source.)
Pillow cases that look like one person is dreaming of the other. 
At Walmart I grabbed two plain white pillowcases and some Martha Stewart multi-surface craft paint and free hand painted the cloud and thought bubbles. After it had dried I threw them in the washer, just to make sure the paint didn't bleed or wash away. Which it didn't! I am so happy with how it turned out.


Finished it off by packaging them in a cellophane bag with a cute little hand drawn label.



And now a picture of me and the lovely bride!


Happy Tuesday!

P.S. Thanks to the hubby and lil girl for sitting laying in and being my models for the first pic. Too bad the 3 year old wasn't a better photographer than I could've been the one he was dreamin of.






linked to:
Sugar and Dots
Skip to my Lou