Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Twine Wrapped Letters


Today I'm sharing with you a project that I did using Bakers Twine that I won from The Twinery (mentioned in this post).


I have seen a lot of projects using yarn to wrap around letters but I thought I would go with a smaller scale and try out the Bakers Twine.

I had bought a 'family' sign from Dollarama awhile back and painted it brown. After that it just sat in my unfinished pile until it dawned on me to wrap it with this beautiful twine!
I had to repaint it white, brown just wouldn't do.

Using Aleene's Tacky Glue I slowly wrapped the twine around the letters.


I was discouraged after finishing my first letter because I had broke the F. But using the same glue I mended it and it is as good as new!


I then continued on and finished wrapping all the letters.


The colors used: Flax - FML,  Shore - A, Caribbean - I, and Honeydew -Y.


I can't wait to use more on other projects! I think it adds the perfect splash of color!







linked to:
Sugar and Dots
Finger Prints on the Fridge

5 comments:

  1. how cool!!! I totally think it jazzes it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! I've been wanting to do something similar for a while now and I think I need to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darling! I love the colors you chose! I have one of these signs from bed, bath and beyond and it'd be so fun to spruce up! Thanks for sharing, I shared this link on my fb page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cute, love the colours you have used. I also love bakers twine but had never thought about wrapping it around stuff. Great inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Justine!! Just now getting time to catch up on reading my favorite blogs, (yours being one of those!!), and leaving comments.

    What a great way to use baker's twine...I've got some mini wooden letter "B"s that I think would make a really cute lapel pin if I wrapped them up with baker's twine! :) Thanks for the inspiration...I'll let you know how my pin turns out!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If this is your first time here, say hello. I truly appreciate any comments given and read every single one. A new comment seriously makes my day. Thank you so much!
~ Justine