Friday, March 2, 2012

A Shirt/Skirt Refashion


 Do you ever log into blogger with the plan of writing a new post and then you get sidetracked by your dashboard?
 ....makes for a very long computer session, ha.  
But I've finally made my way back to the post I came here to write.

A shirt and a skirt refashion...
I used a turtleneck long sleeve toddler shirt and an adult skirt that was a hand-me-down from a friend that I have never worn. 


I was perusing some of my favorite blogs for inspiration when I stumbled upon this post which uses the exact same skirt (just in a different color). Another difference was that she used a t-shirt that was ready to use, she just needed to attach it to the skirt. I however wanted to challenge myself and transform the turtleneck.

This is what I came up with....


I still might add a waist band and a flower,
 but for now it's good enough. 
The perfect play dress.

Of course when trying to snap a picture of S in the dress, she wouldn't stand still.


So I made her sit down....but she insisted on holding her bunny.

I finally told her to go look at herself in the mirror...
 which would have been a perfect opportunity, 
except for the fact that she had to show bunny her new dress.


Oh well, I tried.

So if you have an old skirt laying around that you never wear, pair it with a shirt!
A quick/easy way to make a new dress for the little lady in your life!










linking to:
fingerprints on the fridge
The Grant Life 
sugar and dots