Monday, July 15, 2013

The Kerr Family Circus

 

Finally a post on T's second birthday party. I went with a circus theme this year, it was a lot of fun! 
Check it out:



 
 

 


The clown looks slightly scary, S got a hold of a pink marker and colored in the whites of the eyes. Atleast I had no kids screaming over it,haha.

 

 

 
Treat bags filled with animal crackers and a lollipop as well as juggling balls to take home.

 
 

 


 
The girls with hubby's parents at the family party.

Links that helped me out and some other details:

- Inspired by Full of Grace and Rubies, Carnival of Dreams Party
- Inspired by Taste(full), Bright & Fabulous Girly Circus Party
- I used the Animal Crackers collection by Imaginisce (paperpack, diecuts, and stickers) for my main color scheme and theme. (sorry it's a discontinued pack)
- I made the invitations accordian style and used the Circus font found at Dafont to print out all the wording. I also used it on all the labels and signs.
- I painted upside down flower pots for circus stands on the food table.
- I pinned balloons to a foam wreath for a fun welcome to the party (with a sign reading 'Step Right In Folks!'
- Made a directional sign from a piece of Base board and cardstock.
- Drew on and cut out a foam board for a ball toss game.
-Made photo props from cardstock and painted wooden masks bought at Dollarama.
- Made Funfetti dip with animal crackers, recipe from Eat Yourself Skinny.



It was tons of fun. Lots of junk food to eat, games to play, laughs to be had.
The photo booth was definitely a hit at both parties (we had a friend one and a family one)
Now I'm starting to get ready for S's party that will sneak up at the end of summer. But I really enjoy planning the girls parties so I'm excited!

Happy Monday!