Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Candy Heart Valentine's Shirts


 

 Valentine's shirts...what's the point?
They are cute.
...plus hearts can be worn year round right??

I wanted to make these as easy and as inexpensive as possible, so I raided the girls closets looking for shirts that could be revamped. And I was successful!


A turtle neck that S has never worn and would be much more useful cut up and made into a ruffle shirt with a cute heart applique...And for T a cute colorful undershirt that has really never been seen because it has been just that, an undershirt. I went and bought a fat quarter in a simple print that would match the pink in the onesie.

 And because I couldn't help myself I did a bit of stitchery making the hearts more of a candy heart idea with sayings on them.


 Cut out the heart shapes and used heat n' bond to attach to the shirts...done!



 Of course it took me a little more time to transform the turtle neck into the ruffle shirt, but I think it was worth it!

Here are my little sweeties!




My attempt at taking a pic of the girls together....
T is screaming and S is being bribed by daddy (with candy) to smile
.....and it's blurry
......I tried.

Happy Valentine's Day !






linked to:
Let Birds Fly
The Grant Life
Tatertots and Jello 
Sugar and Dots