Tuesday, November 22, 2011

No-Sew Pin Cushion Frame

Last Tuesday I shared a tutorial over at BeanBug Crafts. For all of you that missed it, here it is:

Today I will be showing you how to make an easy No-sew Pin Cushion.


Supplies you will need:
- a frame (small or large...the one I used is approx. for a 2 inch by 3 inch picture)
- fabric
- polyester fluff
- scissors and gluegun


First take out the glass from the frame (in my case it was a cheap frame so I had to cut out plastic). Most frames come with a paper inside showing the size of picture to use, take this piece and cut out a piece of thin cardboard the same size and then cut your fabric slightly larger.


If you are using a circle/oval frame cut small slits along the outside of your fabric piece, with square/rectangle frames cut slits at the corners. Start to gluegun the fabric onto your cardboard piece gathering as you go, make sure not to pull tight leave the front slack.


Leave an opening at one end and stuff with the fluff.


Finish glueing around the cardboard.


Turn over and you should have a little pillow.


Hot glue around the inside of your frame
and quickly place the 'pillow' into the frame before the glue cools.


Replace the backing.
There you have it.... a quick, cute and handmade by you pin cushion!


I happened to stuff my cushion too much so my backing didn't close all the way...but nobody really looks back there, right?

Thanks Anna for having me, it was so much fun to create a tutorial for your Tutorial Tuesday!!