Finally I can present the finished product, my daughters quilt for her toddler bed! I put the binding on the quilt on Wednesday night, man did it feel good to have this project done!
This was the fabric that I had mentioned ordering in this post. The front is made up of Amy Butlers Soul Blossoms collection, the pre-cut strips in the jelly roll made it super simple to put together.
Added pink flannel for backing and white broadcloth for the binding. I was able to quilt it on my sewing machine because I used thin cotton quilt batting, I just followed the lines of the jelly roll pieces and quilted around the applique.
I got the idea for the applique here and used scraps that I had in my fabric collection. Using Heat and Bond, I attached the pieces to the quilt then I machine sewed around all parts of the flower and leaves but I ended up hand sewing around the 'S' with embroidery floss.
Next up: matching curtains and cushions (the curtains I started last night). Hoping to have everything done for when we move into our house and I can set up her 'big girl' room without any missing elements. Happy Crafting!