Friday, March 11, 2011

Baby Moments Altered Paint Can



My college roommate and her husband gave birth to twin girls this past December and I hadn't had a chance to meet them til just last week, they are so sweet!! I made this 'Baby Moments Can' so that momma could keep up with both girls, not to mention they have an older sister who is two (talk about a busy household, yikes!). The poem that I placed on the lid explains the purpose:



I placed tags on the handle with both girlies initials and placed their birth details on the backside.



Inside I made little cards to jot down the milestones(to make it a little easier on mommy). I stamped on the words 'who' and 'date' and the sentiment 'precious moments'.



A daytime shot of the pail, an attempt at getting the true color right.


The original idea(mainly the poem) I got from the Close to my Heart consultants bulletin board (I really need to start jotting down names to give credit, not just writing down the ideas). The original was a little box and made for a baby boy. Since I couldn't find a little box in my supplies I decided to alter a mini paint can, cute right? I was glad with the way it turned out and I am hoping it gets lots of use.

I thought this was a super cute gift especially for twins because mommy is literally twice as busy!