Friday, February 4, 2011

Cassoulet 'Come Dine With Me' Style


I have been really into the show 'Come Dine With Me' lately (I prefer the UK version,it's the accents, but the Canada one is good too!). It is a TV show that features five strangers that put on a dinner party for each other throughout a weeks time. Each host is judged on food, hosting ability, and over all feel of the night. A secret score out of ten is given by all the guests at the end of the night. The host with the highest score at the end of the week wins a thousand dollars. Anyways this show is usually on late at night and makes me hungry! A convenient thing is they have most of the recipes posted on the networks website (the W network).

My husband and I were having another couple over for supper and he suggested we make a dish from the show. We decided to make Creative Cassoulet from one of the recent 'Come Dine With Me Canada' episodes. It is a dish with Chicken legs and English sausage cooked in a wine sauce with lentils and Pancetta. I had never tried anything like this before and it was a little challenging since I had never heard of some of the ingredients! Anyways after hunting the ingredients down and borrowing a cooking pot, it was a success! ...although I'm not sure how good I would have scored, thankfully it was just a fun night with friends!



And our lovely guests brought a bottle of wine and these beautiful tulips! A little taste of spring they said...


To try out the recipe yourself go HERE.