Thursday, September 12, 2013

Princess and the Frog Birthday Party

 

My big girl turned 4 last week! She starts preschool next week and my heart is feeling a wee bit heavy with the thought of her growing up so fast.
I'll stop right there as I will most likely become a blubbering mess.
On with the party....

This year S requested a princess party. I was all over that seeing as last year we went with more of a 'boy' theme of a Pir-ette Party.
As there were going to be boys still attending this princess party I wanted to incorporate a part for them (something different than just a prince or a knight) so a Frog was the perfect solution not to mention cute and fun to decorate with.
Have a look at S's,

Princess and the Frog Birthday Party
(not the Disney version, more of The Frog Prince classic)




 

 



 
 

 



We had 15 kids (2 are missing from this pic) and 7 adults....that's what I call a party!


Take home treats: little frogs, gummy frogs, and a necklace. As well they got to take home their crafts.

 
It was such a great party! She had so much fun!


Some details, inspiration and links:

- Invitiations inspired by a pin I didn't pin and now can't find (err).
- Plastic table cloth folded to become table skirt, tutorial at That's my Letter.
- Crowns for curtain ties, idea from Bubbly Nature Creations.
- Beads hanging from chandelier inspired by this pin from The Party Press.
- Glitter Crowns and Frog foam stickers (on invites) from Walmart.
- Foam Crowns, stick-on Jewels (used to decorate crowns and on utensils), Fake lilies and reeds, Foam Bears(frogs), Googly eyes and 'tongues' from Dollarama.
- I painted some Kerr jars gold with Krylon metalic spray paint.
- I made crowns for various frogs from an old Christmas glitter bow, which I cut apart and hot glued.
- Tissue pompoms tutorial from Martha Stewart Crafts.
- Birthday banner I made for a previous party.
- I made soup for lunch as well as various snacks and treats. Including jello-jigglers in shape of lips and chocolate covered oreos.
- For activities the kids decorated crowns, made frogs with stick out tongues and I read them the story 'Kiss the Frog'. We had a lot of fun!

If you're interested, check out the rest of my parties.