Friday, December 28, 2012

A gift.

I had my sister in laws name this year in the family draw on my hubby's side. As part of her gift I decided to make and frame a scrapbook page for her. Their family had really nice pictures taken back in summer (same photographer as us actually), so I had some great pictures to work with. The one of them walking away (above) is one of my faves!

 I used the CTMH paperpack Avonlea as my starting point. Added some texture with velvet rub-ons, ribbon and flowers as well as some filigree brads. I didn't want to take away from the photographs with a large title so I just used the small 'family' tag and the rub-on above the large picture.



I am definitely happy with how it turned out. And she had it hanging on her wall Christmas day so I guess that's a good sign that she likes it too.

P.S. I made a couple other handmade gifts this Christmas season... I made my mom a 12x12 scrapbooked calendar and my mom-in-law a mini album. I had been trying to get these projects done in time for Christmas (hence the shortage on posts in December) and totally forgot about pictures for the blog, oh well, there's always next year!