Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Vintage Dutch Girls


When I was sick a week ago I really wanted to do some projects, but all I felt like doing was laying on the couch.  So I decided to do a low key, relaxing project.... embroidery.

I had bought this piece of cloth this past summer at a garage sale for .25 cents! It had vintage embroidery patterns on all four corners. The little dutch girls are so adorable!


 
These shoes are on two of the corners.

I actually put this embroidery piece aside recently to work on some Valentines projects but I'll be sure to show you when it is completed.

sidenote: I was thinking about making the second little girl a free pdf pattern for anyone who might want it... not exactly sure how to do that though so if you are computer savvy and want to help me out that would be fab!




1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE all of your embroidery projects...they always put a smile on my face and bring back wonderful memories of my grandma Buckallew, who was a quilter and also did lots of embroidery work. She taught me to embroidery, using vintage designs much like yours, and I still prefer hand stitching to machine stitching to this day! Thanks for sharing your work and bringing back happy memories for me! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If this is your first time here, say hello. I truly appreciate any comments given and read every single one. A new comment seriously makes my day. Thank you so much!
~ Justine