Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Project #2 - Decorative Banner



I just love the new Close to my Heart Pendant banner and when I first saw it I knew I wanted to do one for spring/easter. I used the Twitterpated paper pack (which is advertised as a 'fall' paper pack but I thought it worked perfect for Easter!). I made all the paper flowers and used twitterpated chipboard buttons for the center. This was one of my first attempts at such flowers and I love how they turned out, you may be seeing more in the future! I lined all the tops with Pearl opaques and tied them all together with sweet leaf ribbon. I also added a length of chocolate ribbon on each end so that it would tie easily to the railing. Another project checked off of my list!





So as it is technically the 22nd (by an hour or so), I can officially say Happy Good Friday, Happy Earth Day, and Happy Justine Day! Yup today is my birthday (a post to follow in a few hours as I need to get some sleep). My Birthday of course is Earth day every year but it has never coincided with Good Friday (or anywhere near Easter for that matter, always after the fact) So I am really looking forward to it! Hope it's a gooder not only for me but you too!