Friday, September 23, 2011

My Kind of 'Canning'


Last weekend I decided to bite the bullet and try my hand at preserving fruit (peaches in fact). I don't have the equipment for actual canning but my mom found me a recipe for freezer preserves found HERE. It actually went quite well, below are some pics during the process:

You may recognize Sheldon and Leonard on my laptop from The Big Bang Theory,
I have all four seasons downloaded... I'm a fan.




I was able to get 7 bags out of about 3/4 of a case of peaches (I had been procrastinating thinking it would be a daunting task, so some of the case had been eaten and some had gone bad...oops). I haven't actually thawed one to see if they turned out so I'll keep you posted. I do know that the syrup is tasty!
For my first try I thought this was a pretty easy recipe to follow and the end product looks delicious! This was my kind of 'canning'!

linking to:
tatertots and jello
madamyt
i heart naptime
sugar and dots
someday crafts